Tissue Paper Stained Glass
- Clear contact paper
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper
- Cut a square of the contact paper. We did ours 8 inches x 8 inches.
- Fold the construction paper in half.
- Draw out the shape on the fold. We chose to do a heart. The shape should not be bigger than the contact paper.
- Cut your shape out on the construction paper. Fold your contact paper in half and trace your construction paper shape onto the contact paper. You'll then cut along the line to create the same shape out of the contact paper.
- Once you have your shape on the contact paper set, peel off the backing and set it sticky side up on your workspace. Use torn bits of tissue paper and lay them down on the sticky surface. Do not go to the edge. You will need to leave space along the edge for the final step.
- Cut the center out of your construction paper shape to create a border for your stained glass.
- Place your construction paper border on the edge of the contact paper where you left space. This will create a frame around shape and give it a finished look.
Shop the story