Chicken Curry and RIce
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Stir in curry powder, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken until warmed through, 1-2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt until just combined.
- Serve hot with rice and chopped parsley or cilantro and chopped peanuts.