- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt with a whisk.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until mixed well.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Mix until combined.
- Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Making & Baking
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 3/8" thick.
Use cookie cutters to cut as many shapes as possible
Re-rolling the dough scraps and use the cookie cutters again. Repeat this process until all dough is used.
Place the shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool.
Once the cookies are cooled, decorate as desired.