Skip to content
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 12 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 pounds green and/or red peppers, cut in strips
- 2 pounds rigatoni noodles
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 white onion, cut in strips
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Italian seasonings, pepper and salt, to taste
- Chop all vegetables.
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, white onion and all seasoning to a medium sauce pan on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Heat butter and garlic in a large frying pan on a medium heat for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and scallions. Sauté 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Boil water and cook the pasta. Drain when finished and set aside.
- Add chicken to the mushrooms and scallions and cook on mid-high heat to cook the chicken almost all the way through.
- Once chicken appears almost fully cooked, add your peppers. Keep heat close to high. Let cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Add heavy cream in with chicken and peppers. Let cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Combine pasta, sauce and chicken. Stir until completely coated.